Business Development Manager
Selected as a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for 10 consecutive years and headquartered in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, MSS currently has an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager. Our fast-growing MSS Pure Install Solutions (PI) division is looking for a highly motivated customer focused individual with strong experience selling services and in-depth knowledge of Hospitality & Facility Maintenance markets. Specifically, we are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and not afraid of assertive prospecting. A Business Development Manager’s additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify and sign new clients in PI vertical markets through existing and newly researched contacts and markets.
- Responsible for “hunting” new business opportunities, lead generation, and closing business.
- Develop creative and innovative methods of acquiring new business.
- Meet or exceed company set sales goals.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Educate new and existing accounts on PI services, initiatives & pricing affiliates.
- Develop sales presentation procedures including consultative tools to assist the client in better understanding of our industry as well as website consultation.
- Input all relevant account activity into MSS databank.
- On-board all new clients and administer first work orders with company.
- Provide on-site job support as needed.
- Identify and develop new client guidelines and train each account manager.
- Report to Vice President all relevant account activity on a weekly basis or as required.
- Communicate with Vice President on any new sales initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with Account Manager’s on client relationships.
- Participate in monthly PI financial review meetings.
- Expect to travel locally and throughout North America visiting with prospects, clients and contractors at least two weeks out of every month.
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and meetings when required.
- Position may require time outside of normal business hours and occasional night and weekend work will be required depending on the demands of the project.
- Comfortable in a growing/fast pace environment.
- Assist in Operational duties when in MSS Corporate Office.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Four plus years of proven business development experience selling services is required. Combination of service & products sales experience will also be considered.
- Background in Hospitality and Facility Maintenance strongly preferred.
- BS or BA degree in business management or related field is required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Significant travel throughout the United States and Canada required.
- Working knowledge of CRM a must.
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle RFP process required.
- Industry experience is highly desired and valued.
- Ability to quickly learn, apply and develop detailed knowledge of PI service offerings and their applications.
- Demonstrate focus on selling to customer needs.
- Fluent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on proficiency with MS Office is required. Strong Excel skills a must.
- High comfort level of solid business math skills is required. Must have proven experience in calculating job cost, discounts & profit margins.
- Creative marketing skills desired.
- A ‘will to win’ attitude balanced with a proven record of long-term relationship building skills.
- Must work well in a team environment, but also strong self-directed/motivation skills required.
MSS provides expert custom crating and specialized handling services to the relocation industry, along with the logistics, local fine arts and commercial crating markets.
MSS Logistics Install Services’ national network of skilled professionals provides consistent, high-quality, customizable solutions for assembly, install and de-install services with a local presence for guaranteed results across simultaneous complex projects with detailed process documentation.
In the national relocation market, MSS partners with moving companies and relocation management corporations in the safe handling of specialty household items by providing crating/uncrating, disconnect/reconnect, and disassembly/assembly services for corporate transferees. Our extensive nationwide subcontractor network and superior customer service makes MSS the nationwide leader in this field.
MSS Local Operations include specialists and design experts who provide custom packing, crating and restoration services. These include the MSS Commercial Crating Division (industrial crating solutions to local manufacturers and distributors) and MSS Fine Arts Division (protecting fine art and antiques for museums, artists, private collectors, auction houses, and galleries).
MSS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis.
MSS is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, a background check and pre-employment drug testing required.
Position Type: Regular / Fulltime
Location: Montgomeryville, PA